From the National Conservation Foundation Envirothon:
Key Topics:1. Understanding how groundwater and surface water systems function.
2. Understanding the importance of water quality and quantity as a foundation in a healthy ecosystem
3. Understanding a variety of water quality indicators in different landscapes.
4. Understanding a variety of water quantity indicators in different landscapes
5. Understanding how sustainable and best management practices enhance and protect water quality and quantity for humans and wildlife.
6. Understanding the differences of local, regional, and national systems that manage natural resources and the importance of each in water resources.
7. Understanding the social, economic, political impacts of natural resources management and decision making.